Tuesday, March 6, 2012

V*CV or VC*V Syllable Division

 Hi Everyone!


I have migrated to my new website www.theinstructionhub.com.


I hope you will join me there and follow me on Instagram and Facebook - @theinstructionhub


Thank you! In class we are reviewing "Tiger Words (V * CV)" and "Camel Words (VC * V)" for syllable division patterns.  I teach my students to try dividing the word both ways and reading it aloud to find the familiar word.  If they are having trouble reading the word, I have them cover one syllable with their finger and read it aloud, then do the same for the next syllable.

Here is a quick practice guide I made to review both.  I had them divide and swoop the words first, then write them in the correct category.
Download the freebie here!


: )  Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment