Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Ridiculously Long Lasting.... Gum

 Hi Everyone!


I have migrated to my new website www.theinstructionhub.com.


I hope you will join me there and follow me on Instagram and Facebook - @theinstructionhub


Thank you! So as I was walking into class this morning I heard one of my friends say, "Here want to try my new gum it's ridiculously long lasting."  Now that is some great marketing if you can get a firstie to recall your catch-phrase. 

We do let our kiddos chew gum only in our classes (not lunch, recess, etc.) as a way to increase focus.  We also try to have gum be peppermint in flavor, because of the research behind peppermint being a flavor/smell that wakes up your brain.

Anyways- I found it humorous and thought of all the reasons for him to offer to share his gum....I really think he just wanted to say "ridiculously long lasting."

A freebie for you:
We are working on the multiple spellings of long e.  I teach it as e by itself (most of the time at the end of short words and open syllables), e-e (most of the time at the end of a word following the e-consonant e/silent e pattern), and ee in the middle (most of the time) of a word.  We will move into ea (most of the time in the middle of the word- also words you eat....eat, meat, treat) and y (at the end of a 2 + syllable word).

Download it here!


Happy Wednesday!

Candi : )

3 comments:

  1. Hi Candi - I just found your blog..very cute. I teach first too ... in CA. Come on over and visit mhy blog sometime. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to checking your blog out and sharing ideas for first grade! Have a great weekend!
      Candi

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete