Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I work with great people with great ideas....

In my five years of teaching I have worked with some wonderful people.  I have learned so much from watching them and working with them.  The picture below is from the current 3rd grade math teacher Amanda Smith at my school.  Our school focuses on instruction in math that starts with the concrete level (manipulatives), moves into the representational (connecting pictures/symbols with numbers) and then to the abstract level (working independently, working with numerals only, etc.) This is a picture from her class where she takes the concept of addition with larger numbers and regrouping to the concrete level, yet appropriate for the age group she teaches.

2 comments:

  1. Candi,
    I am learning about blogging thanks to you! I am so grateful to have this way to share and learn with colleagues. It is lonely in the OG world here in Savannah! I will begin as a private tutor with my first student next week. As I begin writing his first lesson plan I know I will be using all things "Key." Thank you for all you do to support other OG tutors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new at this too, so we can learn together! Always know you may be a few hours away but myself and the rest of Key is here t help. We are so happy to have you as a part of our OG family! Looking forward to working with you again soon and seeing you soon too!

    ReplyDelete