Friday, March 9, 2012

VCCCV Monster Words

 Hi Everyone!


I have migrated to my new website www.theinstructionhub.com.


I hope you will join me there and follow me on Instagram and Facebook - @theinstructionhub


Thank you! So there is method to the madness of the English Language!  I wish I had learned these syllable division patterns earlier in life....how helpful would that have been.  So the "Monster" Words as we call them, are those few words that don't follow the VCCV (vowel, consonant, consonant, vowel- divide between the two consonants) rule.  These words have blends and digraphs. My students look for the blends and digraphs in the word, knowing they stick together and so they are able to divide the word.

I have uploaded a New Information Page freebie for you.  Happy Syllable Dividing!
MONSTER WORD FREEBIE 
Have a great day!   Candi : )

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you for sharing. I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining. I look forward to sharing ideas! Have a great weekend!
      Candi : )

      Delete