Sunday, March 25, 2012

Painter's Tape

 Hi Everyone!


I have migrated to my new website www.theinstructionhub.com.


I hope you will join me there and follow me on Instagram and Facebook - @theinstructionhub


Thank you! Happy Sunday Everyone!
I hope you are having a great weekend.  I just wanted to share a quick tip that you may already know- but just in case you don't.  A co-worker of mine introduced me to the idea of using blue painter's tape on a magnetic board (or any white board) in order to create handwriting lines.  I have also created a place value chart on my second board.  I have used electrical tape before- but it leaves a sticky residue.  The painter's tape pulls right off with no residue.  As my student's handwriting has improved I have made the space between the lines more narrow.  It has been great for handwriting practice, spelling, and sentence construction.

Hope this is helpful.  Have a great week!  Candi : )

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me! I am your newest follower now, too. Isn't painter's tape wonderful? It works well for dividing the board into sections or making giant ten frames on the chalkboard, too!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is great! It's funny how you can use the simplest stuff in your classroom. Thanks for following- I look forward to sharing ideas!
      Candi : )

      Delete
  2. Hi Candi,
    I just found you on Pinterest through this great idea! I thank you and your colleague :)
    Carla
    Playful Learning Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea and will recommend to my teacher friends! K.

    ReplyDelete