Sunday, March 25, 2012

Framing Your Thoughts

So I know I am breaking the "more than one post in a day" rule....but I have to have something to distract me while I fret over the Carolina game. (Go Heels!)  I have already loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, laundry is in progress, and lesson plans finished. As usual my husband is yelling out the score from the other room.  You see my Pa and I have this crazy idea that we can be bad luck charms to the Heels...so we only watch a few minutes periodically.    Here is my sweet Pa:


Anyways.... enough Madness here is something else- Project Read has an approach to Grammar and Sentence Structure called Framing Your Thoughts. I have been using it since the beginning of the year and I have seen quite a difference with my student's writing skills.  I like their idea of a "Bare-Bones" sentence- where the student develops just a noun and a verb.  From this point you build using parts of speech to create a complete sentence.  I like the sequential approach to it.  Plus it uses grammar for its intended and most useful purpose- Writing!

Here are some pics from my class:


Here's to a Tarheel win!  Candi : )


1 comment:

  1. Hey Candi,
    I'm not sure if you'll get this message two years later, but if you do I was wondering if you could send me a copy of your "barebone sentence" frame. We are just starting to use this program in first grade and we have almost NO resources, this would be very helpful.
    Thank you in advance,
    Caitlin
    camastromarino@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete