Monday, May 7, 2012

Blends-Again!


Please feel free to repost- but would you please link back to me : )


Wow- it has been awhile since I have posted.  There has been a lot going on and I could not find time to get my posts up.  But I have been taking pictures and videos of the happenings in class to share with my blog friends.   So as we are winding the school year, we have been doing a lot of review.  Blends (initial and final) are still bugaboos for some of my kiddos.  


For those of you familiar with Orton-Gillingham, you have probably seen the "blending drill pack."  Well this was my little addition to the process.  I had posted earlier about adding small sticky notes in order to create a "button" for each sound that the student could "push" as they said the sound.  The above video is an example of how I would complete this activity.

For Parents- This is a GREAT review tool for the summer and easy to make on notecards.  
For Teachers- this is a GREAT and quick warm-up for a lesson.
For OG Tutors- I complete this right after my Visual and Auditory Drills.

I hope this is helpful.  I promise more to come-more often.  Thanks for your patience!
Candi : )

No comments:

Post a Comment