Monday, February 27, 2012

Commutative Property of Addition

 Hi Everyone!


I have migrated to my new website www.theinstructionhub.com.


I hope you will join me there and follow me on Instagram and Facebook - @theinstructionhub


Thank you! We are working on the properties of addition as we explore strategies for problem solving.  I always like to teach the equal sign as a symbol, but also as a balance.  I have attached a practice sheet from my class.
You can download the practice sheet here!  Here are a couple of pics of how we worked on this topic in my class:




I also teach them that the prefix com- means together.....so that no matter how the addends are put together, they still have the same sum.


: ) Candi

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson idea. Make the equal sign more understandable! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete